Innovate2Connect: Mainstreaming entrepreneurship-driven innovation to accelerate digital transformation
Innovation is integral to the economic growth of countries and the digital inclusion of societies in a post-COVID-19 world. The lack of access to or the failure to use disruptive digital technologies has resulted in exacerbating the digital divide in recent years.
Entrepreneurship-driven innovation helps address challenges at the global and local level and presents relevant economic solutions that create sustainable jobs. However, the lack of technical know-how, resources, and coordination among key stakeholders and policymakers create challenges along the road to digital entrepreneurship.
This session of the Road to Addis will embrace the opportunities offered by digital innovation ecosystems, entrepreneurship and innovation, and it will aim to answer the following questions:
- What are the challenges that innovators face when leveraging digital technologies to address problems in their communities?
- What are the good practices that enable an environment where digital innovation thrives?
- How can we engage stakeholders to play their roles in mainstreaming entrepreneurship-driven innovation?
- How can we ensure that low-resource environments maximize their economic potential for using digital innovation technologies?
- How can we mainstream entrepreneurship-driven innovation?
This event will be highly interactive with a call to action to join the Global Innovation Forum, live interaction and discussion with the audience, a session illustration, as well as videos and polls.
The session will be hosted by ITU and moderated by David Kirkpatrick, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Techonomy Media.
Find the videos showcased along the #RoadToAddis series below: