Brainstorming Workshops for eTrade Readiness Assessment Focal Points
Two workshops will be held:
- one for anglophone countries (Wednesday 15 June, 8:30 – 10:00 CEST) and
- one for francophone countries (Thursday 16 June, 11:00 – 12:30 CEST)
that have benefited from an eTrade Readiness Assessment (eT Ready).
They will target the national Focal Points from countries that have fully engaged in the 2nd eT Ready Implementation Review, including: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Côte d’Ivoire, Madagascar, Malawi, Niger, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda and Zambia. Implementation reviews are the cornerstone of the eT Ready Implementation Support Mechanism (ISM) and can be leveraged as a useful guide to scale-up implementation support interventions and benefit from assistance provided by UNCTAD and development partners.
The two workshops will build on findings and recommendations of the 2nd Implementation Review, with the objective of finding ways to tackle challenges faced by eT Ready beneficiary countries in coordinating and mobilizing stakeholders involved in the implementation process, assess needs, and share views on potential solutions.
The format of the workshop will be an opportunity to discuss the following questions:
Theme 1 -Challenges faced in stakeholder coordination and mobilization
- What are the main challenges in fostering a whole-of-government approach to implement the recommendations of the eT Ready?
- What are the main obstacles in coordinating with line ministries and regulatory authorities?
- What is preventing greater collaboration with development partners?
Theme 2 -Strengthening implementation arrangements: countries’ needs and potential solutions
- Are the eT Ready Implementation Reviews useful to address the above challenges? If not or partially, what can be done better?
- What is needed to enable Focal Points play a more active role in leading the implementation process of the eT Ready recommendations?
- How UNCTAD through the ISM can better support beneficiary countries?