ARTNeT & CAIDG webinar on digital trade – Adapting to the digital trade era: challenges and opportunities
This webinar will focus on a number of specific issues policymakers need to address in responding to the challenges and opportunities offered by digital trade. The basis for the discussion will be the book ‘Adapting to the digital trade era: challenges and opportunities’, edited by Maarten Smeets which contains contributions by WTO Chair holders, members of the Advisory Board and WTO Secretariat staff. It is the most recent publication prepared under the aegis of the WTO Chairs Program which was created in 2010 and is entering its third Phase. It explores impacts of rapid adoption of digital technologies on trade and development and the role of domestic policies and international cooperation in creating a more prosperous and inclusive future.
- Amrita Bahri, Assistant Professor, ITAM, Co-Chair for Mexico, WTO Chair Program
- Henry Gao, Associate Professor, Singapore Management University
- Roberta Piermartini, Chief of Trade Costs Analysis, WTO
- Robert Teh, Extraordinary Professor in Trade and Development at North-West University/Noordwes-Universiteit, Potchefstroom, South Africa
- Yue Jiang, Lecturer, School of Trade Negotiations, Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, China
- Maarten Smeets, PhD, Nonresident fellow at the World Trade Institute (Bern), Senior associate at the Clingendael Academy (Den Haag)