How to Analyse Trade Flows
This course introduces the main concepts of trade flow analysis together with a dedicated tool to perform it (Trade Map). Focus is placed on the meaning and value of trade statistics and trade indicators, as well as the ways of interpreting trade flow data to make informed decisions.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Make informed decisions based on trade statistics and trade indicators; and
- Use trade flow analysis to determine the trade of a particular product to a particular country.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
- Lecture 1
Introduction to Trade Statistics (L044)
- Lecture 2
The Harmonised System (L045)
- Case Study Exercise 1 (C003)
- Lecture 3
Trade Indicators (L046)
- Lecture 4
Trade Flow Analysis with Trade Map (L047)
- Case Study Exercise 2 (C049)
- Certificate of Achievement
Time required: 4 hours over 2 weeks
Tutor Information: Hanne Knockaert