DigitALL: Innovation and Technology for Gender Equality
For International Women’s Month, the African Development Bank’s Gender, Women and Civil Society Department would like to invite you to a webinar on 10 March, 2023. The webinar will explore contemporary issues about innovation, technology and gender equality in the digital age.
Join in the online event featuring three key expert speakers:
- Michelle Umurungi, Deputy Managing Director at Norrsken Foundation, dedicated to helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges
- Fatou Diouf, graduate of the Bank’s Coding for Employment program using her digital skills to grow her businesses
- Emma Forson, whose use of digital tools to track impact of her sustainable fashions helped earn her $20,000 in seed money as a graduate of the Bank’s Fashionomics Africa “Africa Incubator and Accelerator Program.”
The panel discussions will cover these themes:
- How are African women and girls using digital technologies to transform their lives? How is this empowering them economically?
- How can we support women in the process of digitizing their businesses? What are the current challenges to achieving this goal, and what tools are needed to overcome these challenges?
- Digitally enabled gender-based violence is a new form of gender-based violence that particularly affects women and young people. How can Information and Communication Technology be made safer and be used in the fight against gender-based violence?
Through a mix of dynamic presentations and conversations with thought leaders, this virtual session will raise awareness of digital data gaps and profile women’s achievements in the digital and Information and Communication Technology sectors. It will also highlight the Bank’s work using technology to increase women’s economic empowerment and emphasize the importance of the safe use of digital technology by women. The webinar will be the opportunity to discuss the important role that civil society organizations, the private as well as public sectors, and all key stakeholders can play in closing the digital gender divide.
This high-level event will be the go-to-place to get inspiration from the industry’s best and brightest. We will showcase entrepreneurs, fashion designers, technical engineers and thought leaders, as they share their expertise and experience in improving access to digital tools for women. The webinar will also explore more about the Bank’s efforts and achievements in this area.
Your participation is highly appreciated.