ECA's Identity Card
Our mission is to deliver ideas and actions for an empowered and transformed Africa; informed by the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063. The mission is guided by ECA’s five new strategic directions which are:
- Advancing ECA’s position as a premier knowledge institution that builds on its unique position and privilege to bring global solutions to the continent’s problems and take local solution to the continent;
- Developing macroeconomic and structural policy options to accelerate economic diversification and job creation;
- Designing and implementing innovative financing models for infrastructure, and for human, physical and social assets for a transforming Africa;
- Contributing solutions to regional and transboundary challenges, with a focus on peace security and social inclusion as an important development nexus;
- Advocating Africa’s position at the global level and developing regional responses as a contribution to global governance issues.