UN Principles for Responsible Digital Payments in action > Launch of online learning course!
Learn about the 9 principles and receive a digital certificate
The UN Principles for Responsible Digital Payments online learning course explains the 9 overarching principles, which serves as a practical guide for governments, companies and international organizations embracing responsible digital payments in their journey to build trust, mitigating risks, and driving inclusive economies.
At the end of the self-paced learning course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and explain the significance of the principles for responsible digital payments.
- Analyze existing case studies on the principles for responsible digital payments of other governments, international organizations and companies.
- Identify solutions to challenges with applying the principles for responsible digital payments in own context.
- Propose relevant strategies to address challenges and incorporate solutions for own context.
Each participant that completes the course will receive a digital certificate.
The course covers all nine principles for responsible digital payments:
- Treat users fairly
- Ensure funds are protected and accessible
- Prioritize women
- Safeguard client data
- Design for individuals
- Be transparent particularly around pricing
- Provide user choice through interoperability
- Make a recourse clear, quick and responsive
- Champion value change accountability
Each principle is covered in its own independent module. Participants can choose to learn each principle in order, or in any way that makes most sense for them.
Each module includes the following:
- A video describing and explaining the relevant principle and its significance for responsible digital payments
- A case study reflecting on the implementation journey of the principle in practice
- An interactive task reviewing relevant strategies and recommendations on how to implement the principle, and address potential challenges, to achieve and inclusive and responsible digital payments ecosystem
- Questions within each interactive tasks for self-assessment
At the end of the course, there is a multiple-choice quiz that will serve as the final assessment.
Who is this training course designed for?
- Policy makers involved in promoting or implementing digital payments.
- Corporate representatives responsible for procurement or supply chain management, interfacing with payments to vendors, farmers, workers, and farmers.
- Community leaders from organizations which work with women collectives, farmers, daily wage earners, and under-served communities.
- Development sector professionals who focus on gender issues, financial inclusion, livelihoods advancement, and consumer rights protection.
- Aspiring professionals who want to contribute to strengthening digital payments ecosystem nationally and globally.
Each module can be completed in 25 minutes. The whole course equates to 3-4 hours of online learning. Participants are advised to complete a single module in one sitting, to fully appreciate and engage with the principle.