Introduction to E-commerce
This course provides participant with an overall introduction to the concept and practice of e-commerce. It begins with an overview of the various opportunities of the growing global e-commerce market and of the implications of selling products or services online. It then moves on to a detailed discussion of the preparations required to successfully launch an e-commerce sales channel, including market research, payment option setup, customer service, and fulfillment/logistics solutions. It then concludes by exploring some of the regular activities that need to be part of any successful e-commerce business’ routine, including inventory management, product returns, and digital marketing. This course also includes an “e-commerce readiness check” which will allow participants to gauge their level of preparation to start selling products or services online through an e-commerce channel.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess the opportunities of the global e-commerce market;
- Choose an appropriate e-commerce sales channel for their business; and
- Prepare strategies to give their business greater online flexibility and responsiveness.
Participants who meet the course requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion issued in electronic format.
- Module 1: The Opportunities of Using E-commerce
- Module 2: Getting Your E-commerce Business Ready
- Module 3: What Does Running a Successful E-commerce Business Require You to Do?
- E-commerce Readiness Self-assessment