Introduction to E-commerce
This course provides participant with an overall introduction to the concept and practice of e-commerce. It begins with an overview of the various opportunities of the growing global e-commerce market and of the implications of selling products or services online. It then moves on to a detailed discussion of the preparations required to successfully launch an e-commerce sales channel, including market research, payment option setup, customer service, and fulfillment/logistics solutions. It then concludes by exploring some of the regular activities that need to be part of any successful e-commerce business’ routine, including inventory management, product returns, and digital marketing. This course also includes an “e-commerce readiness check” which will allow participants to gauge their level of preparation to start selling products or services online through an e-commerce channel.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess the opportunities of the global e-commerce market;
- Choose an appropriate e-commerce sales channel for their business; and
- Prepare strategies to give their business greater online flexibility and responsiveness.
We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
Participants who meet the course requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion issued in electronic format.
- Module 1: The Opportunities of Using E-commerce
- Module 2: Getting Your E-commerce Business Ready
- Module 3: What Does Running a Successful E-commerce Business Require You to Do?
- E-commerce Readiness Self-assessment
Certificate of Achievement