High-Level Political Forum 2023
The High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) will be held from Monday, 10 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2023, under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council . This includes the three-day ministerial segment of the forum from Monday, 17 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2023 as part of the High-level Segment of the Council. The last day of the High-level Segment of ECOSOC will be on Thursday, 20 July 2023.
The theme will be ” Accelerating the recovery from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at all levels ”.
In the forum, participants will be able to further discuss the effective and inclusive recovery measures to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and explore actionable policy guidance for the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at all levels.
The HLPF in 2023, without prejudice to the integrated, indivisible and interlinked nature of the SDGs, will also review in-depth Goals 6 on clean water and sanitation, 7 on affordable and clean energy, 9 on industry, innovation and infrastructure, 11 on sustainable cities and communities, and 17 on partnerships for the Goals.
Following 40 presenters will carry out voluntary national reviews (VNRs) of their implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the forum: Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Central African Republic, Comoros, Chile, Croatia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, European Union, Fiji, France, Guyana, Iceland, Ireland, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Maldives, Mongolia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, St Kitts & Nevis , Syrian Arab Republic , Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Republic of Tanzania , Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia. Please click here for more information.
The HLPF in July will also support the mid-term review of the implementation of the SDGs and the preparations for the 2023 SDG Summit – the HLPF to be convened under the auspices of the General Assembly in September 2023.
The President of ECOSOC will prepare a summary to capture the key messages of the discussions. For more information, please click here.
- New: Annotated Programme with speakers for the 2023 HLPF and ECOSOC High-level Segment (2 July) (Living document subject to update)
- Draft programme of the 2023 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development and ECOSOC High-level Segment (19 June 2023)
- Tentative programme of the 2023 HLPF Side Events (20 June 2023)
- Information Note on the arrangements for the 2023 High-level Political Forum and the High-level Segment of the Economic and Social Council (1 July 2023)
- Letter from the President of ECOSOC on the 2023 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development and ECOSOC High-level Segment (24 March 2023)
- Secretariat concept note for the 2023 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (31 March 2023)