Global Call 2022
Initially launched in 2020 by the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) Italy in Rome, the UNIDO Global Call is a flagship event, which seeks to identify innovative technology solutions that address the adverse effects of climate change and that have the potential to be scaled up, and thus that ultimately contribute to inclusive and sustainable economic development.
Inspired by the previous 2020 and 2021 UNIDO Global Calls, the 2022 initiative aims at identifying “green and innovative technology solutions towards Net-Zero”. Its objective is therefore to identify readily applicable and scalable solutions for green technology promotion.
Led by the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion (ITP) Network, the 2022 UNIDO Global Call 2022 is steered by the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Shanghai (ITPO Shanghai) and supported by the other eight ITPOs.
In addition to being able to pool from the worldwide UNIDO expertise, the ITPOs will strengthen cooperation with other UN institutions towards sharing technical and expert resources, thereby making this Global Call a truly global initiative.
Furthermore, while pursuing ‘Net-Zero’ and ‘4IR’ alliances, enterprises should also strengthen their business and corporate social responsibility (CSR) communications, for example by:
- Establishing a close partnership network
- Driving emission reduction measures within their supply chains
- Enhancing research and innovation capacity, and upgrading industrial institutions
- Developing green technologies, increasing knowledge-sharing and engaging in multi-stakeholder collaborations
- Addressing challenges and opportunities related to the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Application deadline: 20 September 2022
Within the overall framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and SDG17 in particular, the UNIDO Global Call 2022 aims at building and enhancing a global information and knowledge-sharing exchange network by integrating global resources; and assisting governments and enterprises in carrying out technical assistance and industrial cooperation to promote economic development and industrialization. In doing so, it aims to narrow the technological gap and solve related technical problems faced by small and medium-sized enterprises, thus accelerating the green industrialization process.
Technology and Solution Categories of Global Call 2022
To achieve its Zero-Net objective, the UNIDO Global Call 2022 focuses on identifying and promoting innovative green technologies in Medical & Health (MH), Green Growth (GG), Advanced Digital Production (ADP) and Agriculture & Food (AF), with a clear focus on international climate change mitigation and adaptation efforts as well as on green technology learning and development. Priority will be given to applications, including solutions for:
- Solutions for building resilient green manufacture cycle
- Advanced digital solutions for net-zero infrastructures and facilities
- Solutions for greenhouse gas emissions reduction and efficiency increase in agriculture & food
- Solutions for sustainable management of medical and bio waste