UN/CEFACT semi-annual Forums consists of meetings of and between UN/CEFACT expert groups which develop trade facilitation policy recommendations, eBusiness standards and their supporting technical specifications, in a process of close collaboration between governments and the private sector.
Highlights from the weekly schedule include:
- International Trade Procedures launching a new project on Disaster Relief Recovery and hosting a conference on integrating MSMEs into the international supply chain;
- Single Window progressing the revisions of Recommendation 33 ;
- Transport and Logistics finalizing the UN/LOCODE’s revision of Recommendation 16 and progressing its Data Pipeline project, Smart Container project and eIMO-FAL project ;
- Accounting and Audit launching a project on a Reference Data Model and hosting a conference to encourage harmonization between standards in the domain ;
- International Supply Chain Orchestration studying the use of APIs with UN/CEFACT deliverables;
- eGovernment looking into new technologies and eIdentity and supporting a conference on new technology trends ;
- Environment progressing its Waste Management and Waste Analysis project ;
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Agrifood finalizing its eQuality certificate project, progressing its Sustainable Textile and Leather Traceability project and studying updates to its eLAB, eCROP and eCERT standards;
- Travel and Tourism to work on its Destination Travel Information and Experience Programs projects;
- Methodology and Technology to finalize the release of UN/EDIFACT 19A and UN/CCL 19A as well as finalize the Envelope/Header project.