- This event has passed.
An E-commerce Story Pitch Contest? What is it?
You’ve come across pitching events, where you explain your business proposition in next to no time, get quizzed by experts, and stand a chance to win investment in your start-up?
Well, we’re proposing something similar, only less scary and less hard work! ITC ecomConnect is launching a story pitching contest for small businesses and entrepreneurs who are currently selling (or have tried to sell) online.
We want to hear what you’ve tried, why it worked (or went spectacularly wrong!), and the greatest tools, platforms, and insider secrets you want others to know about. The aim is to get inspired, and learn useful tips & tools!
Good or bad, we want to know, and we want to help you and to share the learning.
The three finalists will be selected by a jury made up of e-commerce experts, later taking part in an online pitching event in mid-December to determine the winner. During this event, the finalists will be asked a series of questions, with online participants deciding who wins!
What can you win?
The winning pitch will receive $1,000 for digital marketing services, which include support and promotion of your digital presence.
How can you apply?
- You should complete and submit this survey before December 6, 2020, at 11.59 PM (CET).
- In your submission, you should explain:
- Your successful (or unsuccessful!) e-commerce story;
- Valuable e-commerce insights that other entrepreneurs can use and benefit from;
- and Specific learnings and concrete solutions from failures and successes (e.g. how did you succeed? what did you do exactly?)
You can send it in any of the formats listed below:
- Pitch deck: 8 slides max (PPT, PDF)
- Short video: 2 minutes maximum
- …any other format!
Be as creative as possible because we will give you points for this!
What do you need to apply?
- You must be located in a developing or least developed country
- You must have (or had) an e-commerce business with an existing online transactional channel
- You must be selling (or have sold) products or services online, domestically or internationally
- Your company must be (or must have been) formally registered and existing for more than 6 months
- The application must be in English, French or Spanish
- Don’t forget to attach your creative pitch at the end of the survey
How will we select the 3 finalists?
These are the criteria the Jury will use to assess the nominations:
- Quality of e-commerce insights (70%): Does the pitch provide practical tips? How actionable is the advice?
- Innovation and creativity (30%): How innovative is the e-commerce business/idea? How original is the application?
How will the process be?
Finalists will have a week to prepare a pitch of their e-commerce story.
During the final event, finalists will have 5 minutes to pitch their story and convince the audience to vote for them. There will be 5 minutes of questions from the audience and e-commerce experts per finalist.
The winner will be announced at the end of the event.