In digital economy, ICT is fast becoming a common platform for delivery of services for all the sectors. Emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), big data, cloud computing, Internet of Things, mobile broadband, digital platforms and their business models inter-alia are creating great innovation opportunities while creating new regulatory paradigms. This program aims to develop policy competencies of designing digital platforms and recognize the importance of emerging technologies in the era of digitalization.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- apply the concept of a digital platform and emerging technologies such as data, network, AI;
- relate to major countriesâ digital platform policies;
- compare best practices of a digital platform from major countries by the type of governmentsâ services (G2G, G2B, G2C);
- identify related issues on open data in the aspects of personal information, cybersecurity;
- understand issues impacting digital platforms in the context of policy and regulation; and
- apply people-centric policy development through citizen-participation and trust-building.
Senior officials of the ITU members, who are interested in digital platforms and emerging technologies.