This programme assists least developing countries (LDCs) in assessing their e-commerce readiness so they can better engage in and benefit from e-commerce. The assessment process focuses on examining seven key policy areas that are most relevant for e-commerce. Within each area, critical readiness gaps are identified. The gaps can then be addressed through collaborative public and private partnerships.
The aim is to help LDCs take stock of their ICT and e-commerce capabilities and formulate a strategy to overcome barriers and bottlenecks to the growth of digital trade.
To discover, read and download the various eTrade Readiness Assessments already conducted please visit the Meet the beneficiaries section (under the Achievements section below).
- Assess your current e-commerce situation through an appropriate mix of quantitative and qualitative approaches (data collection, focus groups, surveys, targeted interviews)
- Identity opportunities and barriers within the seven key policy areas of eTrade for all
- Develop quick-win project proposals in line with the findings of your assessment
- Benefit from an action matrix to support and accelerate e-commerce implementation
- Gain access to technical support from eTrade for all partners
- According to the findings of each survey, eTrade for all partners may develop their own technical assistance package
- Empower local stakeholders with the ability to master their own e-commerce development process
- Learn and share with peers engaging in e-commerce development
Partners of the eTrade for all initiative from international and regional organizations
Meet the beneficiaries
eTrade Readiness Assessments carried out since 2016
The English version of the documents is displayed by default when available.
The following fact sheets are now available with a summary of the key findings and policy recommendations.
Based on the key learnings of the 10 first assessments finalized so far : Bhutan, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Liberia, Myanmar, Nepal, Samoa, Senegal, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu.
A summary of key findings and recommendations found in the 18 Assessments carried out so far.
eTrade readiness Assessments of Land-Locked Develpoing countries
A summary of key findings and recommendations of the eTReadies of land-locked developing countries (November 2019)
Programme in a nutshell
Year of creation
Type of business
Number of activities carried out