This programme assists least developing countries (LDCs) in assessing their e-commerce readiness so they can better engage in and benefit from e-commerce. The assessment process focuses on examining seven key policy areas that are most relevant for e-commerce. Within each area, critical readiness gaps are identified. The gaps can then be addressed through collaborative public and private partnerships. The aim is to help LDCs take stock of their ICT and e-commerce capabilities and formulate a strategy to overcome barriers and bottlenecks to the growth of digital trade. To discover the existing eTrade readiness surveys please visit the Meet the beneficiaries section (under the Achievements section below).
Based on the key learnings of the assessments finalized so far, the following fact sheets are now available with a summary of the key findings and policy recommendations.
- General fact sheets based on the 10 assessments to discover here:
2. Key findings and recommandations from the African LDCs assessments to discover here:
3. Policy Impact Notes: A summary of key findings and recommendations found in the 17 Assessments carried out so far.
- Assess your current e-commerce situation through an appropriate mix of quantitative and qualitative approaches (data collection, focus groups, surveys, targeted interviews)
- Identity opportunities and barriers within the seven key policy areas of eTrade for all
- Develop quick-win project proposals in line with the findings of your assessment
- Benefit from an action matrix to support and accelerate e-commerce implementation
- Gain access to technical support from eTrade for all partners
- According to the findings of each survey, eTrade for all partners may develop their own technical assistance package
- Empower local stakeholders with the ability to master their own e-commerce development process
- Learn and share with peers engaging in e-commerce development
- Capitalize on venture opportunities from partner members of the Business for eTrade Development (B4ETD) council
- Explore increased business opportunities with B4ETD
Partners of the eTrade for all initiative from international and regional organizations
Members of the Business for eTrade Development council (B4ETD)
Meet the beneficiaries
Programme in a nutshell
Year of creation
Type of business
Number of activities carried out