Best Practices, Legal Aspect and Digital Identity for Trade and E-Commerce Development
Program in a Nutshell
- Building Skills and Training
- Capacity Building and Development
- Technical Assistance and Support
- Policy Advice, Support and Formulation
- Policy Dialogue
Government of Philippines
Yes! I want to learn more about how this program could help my business, organization, country or region.
The Section focuses on developing skills, knowledge and capacities through innovative development approaches based on a recognised pedagogical method and state-of-the-art technological solutions.
- Advise on the use of information and communications technology (ICT) to promote knowledge sharing, networking and competence building;
- Apply Learning and Content Management Systems (LMS/CMS);
- Host a distance learning platform (learn.unctad.org);
- Provide inter-divisional support for capacity development;
- Operate the Port Training Programme in 4 linguistics networks in Africa, Asia and Latin America;
- Develop and implement the TrainForTrade technical assistance programme with core components on international trade related issues.
Building Skills and Training
- Strengthening knowledge and skills through innovative approaches for inclusive sustainable economic development.
- The TrainForTrade programme emphasises the importance of developing local services for local people by local people. One essential element of the TrainForTrade programme is to train local tutors to moderate and locally manage the distance learning deliveries. The identification of a training centre and a local tutor is key to having an impact during the course delivery. During the training of technical tutor’s course, a local tutor learns the process of TrainForTrade course delivery and the different pedagogic strategies that he should use to facilitate the delivery.
Capacity Building and Development
- Build sustainable networks of knowledge to enhance national ownership, South-South and triangular cooperation.
- Encourage development-oriented trade policy to reduce poverty and to promote transparency and good practices.
Technical Assistance and Support
- The choice of training methods and technology will always depend on the local technical reality in the beneficiary country.
- The TrainForTrade programme uses Moodle Environment, a Free and Open Source Learning Management System, basedon a Linux platform, in order to facilitate the sharing of information and technology in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Policy Advice, Support and Formulation
- Promote digital solutions and innovative thinking to enhance capacities of international trade players.
The TrainForTrade Programme is continuously developing new learning tools by exploring new technological opportunities. The expansion of mobile networks, smartphones and tablets has made access to information much easier. The development of cloud learning and mobile-learning provides efficient solutions for the storage, dissemination, and acquisition of information, and the tools can be used to promote interactive and collaborative learning.
The TrainForTrade programme develops high quality courses and maintains high standard delivery by using technological means such as e-learning, mobile-learning and cloud learning. In many developing countries handheld devices are more accessible than PCs; hence mobile learning can provide more accessibility to e-learning courses compared to using a PC.